Keep the discussion going--join our JobWatch Group on LinkedIn!
Clinical Associate Project Manager
- Clinical Operations
As a member of the Professional Affairs team, this highly motivated individual will assist in management of advisory meetings with ophthalmic and optometric thought leaders. This candidate will also support clinical seminars and medical society sponsored symposia as directed by Director of Professional Affairs.
- Assist in management of clinical trials in the US and internationally on corneal crosslinking, including IRB submissions.
- Train study sites (physicians, clinicians, and technicians) on the proper technique and use of Avedro products within the US. Including updating training materials as needed.
- Develop and maintain clinical communications to support, document and drive appropriate study completion.
- As part of the Professional Affairs team, work with internal departments and customers to resolve clinical and technical related problems.
- Ensure, to the best of their abilities, products are used appropriately and with regard to patient safety.
- Maintain strong knowledge of Avedro products and clinical applications.
- In house position with minimal travel, up to 10% travel within the US.
Education, Skills and Experience requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in health or science related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior experience with a medical device company is required (ophthalmic preferred).
- Requires experience conducting clinical study specific start-up activities including IRB submissions, writing of study protocols and informed consent forms.
- Prior experience in managing clinical studies is required to drive progress on site activation, enrollment and study completion.
- Prior experience in an ophthalmic clinical or surgical OR setting preferred.
- Requires strong interpersonal and analytical skills, training and the ability to stay abreast of the current technology, company products and generally accepted medical practices related to products and procedural area.
- Must be detail oriented and able to handle time constrained projects simultaneously.
- Ability to present and effectively communicate complex clinical and technical data to others of a non-scientific orientation and with varying backgrounds and knowledge levels.
- Knowledge on biostatistics and data analysis is a plus.