Keep the discussion going--join our JobWatch Group on LinkedIn!
Clinical Research Nurse, RN
Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children
- Clinical Operations
Nemours Center for Cancer & Blood Disorders, Wilmington, DE
- The individual recruited for this position will be actively involved in all aspects of the Sickle Cell Disease Program. Although the conduct of sickle cell-related clinical trials will be the primary responsibility, at the discretion of the Program Director, this individual will be a full participant in the clinical program and will be involved in many aspects of patient care.
- Follows all aspects of Standard Operating Procedures and Good Clinical Practice in the conduct of clinical care delivery and research; collects and prepares documents as required; attends Investigator Meetings as assigned.
- Develops source documents for submission to IRB; coordinates IRB submissions for assigned studies; maintains regulatory documents during conduct of study; develops and utilizes study participant and family teaching tools for study purposes; interfaces with representatives of sponsoring agencies.
- Participates in the conduct of parental permission/assent process for assigned studies; develops strategies to ensure compliance of study participants with protocol requirements.
- Coordinates monitoring activities; completes case report forms; responds to sponsor queries, prepares for audits, IRB and/or the FDA/DHHS.
- Performs clinical data gathering and measurements; maintains study databases; compiles and analyses data retrieved from ongoing clinical trials.
- Assists in identifying, reporting and following up on Serious Adverse Events.
- Participates in training nursing and ancillary staff for study purposes; participates in study recruitment, screening and enrollment so that protocol enrollment requirements are met.
- Assists with care coordination with family and other community partners to ensure comprehensive clinical care delivery.
- Acts as resource person and point of contact to staff and community with regards to clinical trials and current treatment modalities.
- The individual recruited for this position will be actively involved in all aspects of the Sickle Cell Disease Program. Although the conduct of sickle cell-related clinical trials will be their primary responsibility, this individual will be expected to perform other clinical or administrative duties at the discretion of his/her supervisors. These will include inpatient and outpatient clinical duties at APN level as needed to support clinical and research needs of the program.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
- Effectively uses Microsoft computer software.
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate and establish priorities among diverse tasks.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- While not required, individuals with Advanced Practice Nursing degree will also be strongly considered for this role.
- May be expected to sit for CCRP or CCRC certification exam upon eligibility.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines; ability to maintain and organize multiple open clinical protocols.
- Conforms to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Clinical Practice guidance; provides constructive critical assessments of proposed studies; seeks and accepts reasonable clarification of established policy from Lead Investigator.
- Maintains the highest possible standards for work quality; takes direction, accepts supervisory feedback and works with supervisors to accomplish change as necessary.
- Builds and fosters professional relationships with staff, families and patients.
- Makes decisions when appropriate; manages resources prudently; schedules time efficiently; works independently when required.
- Sets priorities; thinks proactively; demonstrates adaptability/resourcefulness.
- Realizes and accepts limitations.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Clinical Research Coordinator Jobs
- View more Clinical Operations Jobs
- View more Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children Jobs