Keep the discussion going--join our JobWatch Group on LinkedIn!
Oncology Clinical Research Manager
Ochsner Health System
- Clinical Operations
Clinical Trials Manager
The Oncology Clinical Trials Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the daily operations of Cancer Research Center in collaboration with Cancer Research Center leadership and the Director of the Institute for Clinical Research. The Oncology Clinical Trials Manager plans and organizes all department functions including staffing, staff development, purchasing and budgeting. The Oncology Clinical Trials Manager is responsible for finance/budget, monthly reports, EPIC, audits, and staff needs. The Oncology Clinical Trials Manager coordinates federally funded pharmaceutical and investigator-initiated trials, supports and serves as a liaison when needed with external partners and research bases, and plans and promotes special projects such as new grant applications and educational programs and community events sponsored by the Ochsner Cancer Institute.
The Clinical Research Manager demonstrates actions consistent with Ochsner Health System’s “Expectations” as duties are performed on a daily basis.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Maintains a professional and mutually respectful and trusting relationship with physician-investigators and peers in the Office of Research, Research Pharmacy, Clinical Trials Unit, BioBank and other similar entities in corporate and operations
2. Develops personnel and workforce to ensure adequate staffing and coverage
3. Promotes growth and ensures operational profitability; develops and maintains a productive relationship with representatives from the industry and clinical research organizations
4. Participates in the development of and supports the implementation of technology to improve the outcomes in clinical research
5. Ensures physical and technology infrastructure meets functional needs and promotes employee and patient safety; participates in the development of and supports the implementation of technology to improve outcomes in research
WHAT WE SEEK
Professional certification from a recognized research organization (ACRP or SoCRA)
5 years experience in clinical research
Experience with both clinical and pre-clinical research
Proven success in implementing clinical trials, writing research protocols, developing presentations
Professional attitude and ability to communicate well with senior and executive management, professionals, investigators, and business and community leaders
Excellent leadership and self-direction skills
Good judgment skills in handling difficult situations
Good organizational, time management, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills. Strong vision for logistical implementation of projects, protocols, and processes
- Overall physical workload is light. Must be able to work 8 hours per day, moving about up to 70% of the day in order to carry out duties in a fast paced environment. Sometimes work is sedentary requiring long periods at a desk and computer.
- Previous experience in Clinical Research Studies related to Oncology
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
When Alton Ochsner and four colleagues opened New Orleans’ first multi-specialty group practice in 1942, they envisioned providing residents of the city with the highest quality medical care delivered with an unwavering attention to the needs of patients. That vision still resonates today. Located near uptown New Orleans, Ochsner Medical Center is the original hospital and home to acute and sub-acute facilities; centers of excellence Ochsner Cancer Institute, Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Center and Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute and many of academic programs. With over 500 beds, this site highly regarded by the community and offers the opportunity to learn and provide patient care at a Magnet facility all the while gaining exposure to complex medical cases. This campus is also one of six training sites in the world for robotic surgery and is nationally-renown for quality care.
WHAT WE OFFER
Ochsner offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to accommodate the diverse needs of its employees. Want to learn more?
WHO WE ARE
Ochsner Health System is Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, healthcare system. Driven by a mission to Serve, Heal, Lead, Educate and Innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by Ochsner's 25 owned, managed and affiliated hospitals and more than 50 health centers. Ochsner is the only Louisiana hospital recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across six specialty categories caring for patients from all 50 states and more than 90 countries worldwide each year. Ochsner employs nearly 17,000 employees, nearly 1,000 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts over 750 clinical research studies.
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Clinical Research Manager Jobs
- View more Clinical Operations Jobs
- View more Ochsner Health System Jobs